Joel and I went to my doctor today for a "normal" 4 week update. We started with the "normal" checklist. Blood pressure - 100/60 ("normal" for me). Weight gain. Up a total of 23 lbs. Next, to the room to listen to the girls. Ally's heartbeat was 140. Emmy's heartbeat was 138. And Izzy, after some pushing and moving her around, finally gave us her heartbeat at 134. All "normal". For a triplet pregnancy, this is all "normal." Dr. Brown went down a list of questions and all my answers were "normal". At this rate, Dr. Brown thinks that I will make it to 36 weeks. The one hitch in this plan will be if I fail the next glucose test. If I fail it, and then diet can not control the diabetes, we will have to do insulin which will change how long they will let me carry the girls. My next glucose test will be on Oct 25th. So that is the one not "normal" thing that can happen. However, it is "normal" for me to be diabetic in pregnancy.
Joel and I continue to be real encouraged by my progress. I am not close to bed rest. I am still up and moving around. It may be SLOW, but I am still going. I may need to put my feet up more than other pregnant ladies at 25 weeks, but I am OK with that being my "normal". I am coming to terms that my normal will be very different from now on. Is that scary? Yes. Is it overwhelming? Yes. Will it be a challenge? Yes. But would I change it for anything? No. I never thought my "normal" would include 5 children. I never thought I would have to talk to strangers about how I carry triplets. I never thought I would worry about how 3 infant carriers will fit in the minivan. Or will the stroller fit in the back. Or how long can we make one upstairs bathroom work for 5 kids. In the end, none of this matters. We will have so much love and laughter in this house it makes up for all these new "normals" that might seem scary right now. Everyone has a different normal. Ours just might be a little more different. We wouldn't have it any other way.
2 comments:
I love that you and Joel are so very comfortable with your new "normal". You are definitely the perfect couple to experience the love and joy of 5 children! I think you are having such a healthy pregnancy with triplets because you are so calm and at peace with what will be your family's "normal" life from now on. Love and Hugs, Oma
Talk to Chris. When she was growing up there was her Mom, Dad, Grandmother, 6 siblings, 1 cousin and they had 1 full-bath and one 1/2 bath. In fact her mother and brother still live in that house. That was the normal back then. One full-bath per house, and the 1/2 bath on the first floor was the luxury. Times change, normals change, but your house should be fine for some time to come!
Post a Comment