Monday, September 27, 2010

All the answers

Although I don't have any medical updates on the girls, I had some thoughts that I wanted to share.  

I have been asked the same questions over and over again.  I read another mom's blogs that had triplets, and also had two older children, and she had this fabulous idea.  Once she had gone out with all 5 kids, she realized that people are interested and want to know "why or how" she had 5 kids.  She made a list and posted all the answers on her stroller.  I have been thinking about doing the same thing, except figuring out how to post it pre-triplets.  Here are some of the things I want to say to all the curious people out there:
  • No, I am not due soon.  My due date is in January.
  • Yes, I am big for 24 weeks.  There is a reason.  We are having triplets.
  • No, I was not on fertility drugs.
  • No, it doesn't run in our families.
  • Yes, that means it can happen to anyone.
  • They are all girls.  But they are fraternal.
  • Yes, that means I ovulated 3 eggs and that is not normal.
  • They are each growing fine, well over a pound, and appear to be very healthy babies.
  • Yes, it is OK that I am still out walking around.  I have not been told to limit my activities.
  • Yes, Leah and Seth are excited about it.
  • Yes, I have family close and my in-laws can travel here to help.
  • I know you are glad it is me and not you.
  • And finally, it was not our intention but we feel very blessed with all 5 of our children.
I make this list out of fun and not because I don't want to answer the questions, its just hard to answer them 15 times a day.  Maybe I should print out a handout with all these answers, include this blog website, and hand it out.  Of course, I keep telling myself that I won't be out moving around as much in a few weeks, so it won't last forever.  I know everyone has good intentions by asking...and I smile and answer the best I can.  And I am sure I will continue answering with a smile as long as I can.

We made headway on preparing the house for the girls.  Joel and some wonderful friends helped move furniture around on Saturday.  In all the movement, Leah has ended up with a queen size bed and a room that she thinks is so "big" girl.  She is so happy with her new room.  The triplets room is filled with clothes, blankets, and other baby goods.  Every time I try to organize, I think I make a bigger mess.  It is hard to figure out how to organize for three babies.  But yet I have this need to organize...I guess its a huge dose of nesting.

I am feeling pretty good overall.  There is some pressure, but nothing I would consider abnormal.  I am eating a lot, so that had to be good for the girls.  I really tire about 6:00 pm and want to be done for the rest of the day.  I still think I am doing pretty good all things considered.  My next dr. appointment is Oct 7th.  My next ultrasound is Oct. 12.  I can't wait to see how much these babies have grown! 

No comments: