Our lives are interesting to strangers now....
Question of the week while out and about trying to accomplish things...."When are you due?" This is interesting to answer and watch the reaction. "I am due in January." Whomever it is asking then looks at me so puzzled and confused. Do I really look that big? I let the pause continue just for fun. Finally I say "I am having triplets." Then there is usually more silence. I then go on to say, I am 20 weeks and they want me to make it to Dec 15th or so, and so on and so on. I keep getting stuck in conversations with people who don't know what to say. Or they are so curious about it that I have to start to slowly back away after 10 minutes. I am amazed at how many strangers ask if I was on fertility drugs. I understand why they ask it, but isn't that personal? I am learning that this miracle makes our lives public, want it or not. I've never been a Jon and Kate plus 8 follower - or Kate plus 8 - but I do recall an interview she did in the beginning where she said that she realized that people would be watching them with or without cameras because the public is curious about multiples. That is when they decided to let the camera's in their house, partially to keep people from peering in the windows. I get that now. And I am only having triplets. Everyone wants to know everything about the conception to how many diapers we think we need a month to how we are going to afford it to are you nursing all three to what did Leah and Seth say and on and on and on. Maybe I will just print up some cards with my blog site so they can just follow. I am not complaining about all the excitement, I actually like it. I think I am just amazed at how curious strangers are about our lives now. What's it going to be like when we attempt to take all five kids somewhere? I am sure that will be something to blog about!
On a lighter note, I want to share some of the best, and/or funniest, responses we've had when sharing the triplet news:
- How exciting and scary at the same time
- Did I miss something? Is it April Fools?
- I knew Joel could fertilize some grass....but who knew?
- Better you than me...
- Now I will never convince my husband to go for three...
- Well, they could have said there were four.
- Are you sure?
We have a doctor's appointment on Thursday with an ultrasound. I am going to have them confirm that they do really believe that all three are girls. Once we have that final confirmation, Joel and I will share our names for the triplets. We are looking forward to that announcement so some of you can stop bugging me about it! I promise we will have a name release post real soon!
I will also blog a full update on all three girls - weight, health, positions, etc. And I hope more ultrasound photos. We greatly appreciate all of the support, thoughts and prayers. Joel, Leah, Seth and I are surrounded by so many good people and we thank you!
3 comments:
Perfect title to your blog! I think your lives will be interesting to strangers for the rest of your life, now! Thanks for the updates and sharing. Thinking of you!
Too Funny! Love it! I'm over the shock and moved to pure excitement but still not sitting beside Joel!
JUST KIDDING!!
LOVE YOU ALL!
I'm so excited for you!! And I'm glad you decided to blog about it since it's kinda like having you in my living room and it's been too long since I last saw you!!!
Post a Comment