A list of must haves for mom's with multiples:
- 3 swings (had one, borrowed two, all different and was great because they never got bored once they were able to notice which one they were in). Could not have made it through the first 4 months without the swings. Total life saver and whomever invented them is genius and I hope wealthy!
- InchBug bands - used for bottles, later will be used on sippy cups...Ally's band is purple, Emmy's is green and Izzy's in pink. Without the bands on the bottle who knows how many times the bottles would have been confused! LOVE THIS GIFT! http://www.inchbug.com/
- Diapers and Wipes shower - over 2000 diapers and 5000 wipes from an amazing group of friends and family - highly recommended for anyone expecting multiples! I am just now out of the diapers that everyone gifted and so very thankful! What a cost saver! Some mom's want to use cloth diapers, but we didn't have the money upfront ($1800!) to get set up for three and I like the convenience of disposables :) I do enough laundry as it is!
- Speaking of laundry...A RELIABLE LARGE WASHER AND DRYER: We had a 12 year old washer last year at this time with a 12 year old dryer. They didn't hold more than 5 pairs of jeans. After some thought, we knew getting new ones would be in our best interest. We now have a washer that will hold a king size comforter plus more! Its fantastic and I think that logistically getting it was a great move. With 5 kids and a husband who works in landscaping, this was very important.
- Video Monitor that MOVES: I found on clearance a baby video monitor that moves so that I am able to see in everyone's cribs! It is fantastic. I can see who is up screaming or who threw the paci out of the crib. Its great. Highly recommend it. It saves you from going in the room over and over again when they are going down for a nap or bedtime. You can also see if they are just trying to get you to come back in the room. I have threatened to get a camera in all the kids rooms if they misbehave :)
- Night Nanny - We were able to hire night help about 3 nights a week for the first 10 weeks. It might be expensive, but it is worth going in debt for...trust me. Having a full night sleep 3 out of 7 nights when feedings are nonstop was a true gift! In the Charlotte Metro area, we used A Mother's Gift - the owner is awesome and we've had a great experience with her nannies. The website is: www.mothersgift.biz One of the best perks for us in using an agency is that if your nanny has a conflict or gets sick, you have a back up. The worst thing would be to have in your head that you are about to sleep for 7 hours and then have your nanny not show up.
- Friends who let us borrow accessories: car seats, exersaucers, pack n' plays, clothes. A triplet mom must learn to except gently used items from now on :)
- Strollers for every need: maybe I am just a stroller junkie, but I have needed and used a single stroller, a double stroller and the triple stroller. If you need to take one to the doctor without the other two, you don't need the big one. If there are two adults, you can use a double and a single and this reduces how many stares you get when you are out (sometimes people don't realize you are all together) and then the triple for when I am alone with the triplets. All were bought at consignment or from a friend and worth every dollar!

No comments:
Post a Comment